Mar 11, 2017

How to make Parmesan Crisps

With only 1 ingredient and just a few minutes to make these Parmesan Crisps are the perfect low-carb snacks or as crunchy topping for soups and salads!

 With only 1 ingredient and just a few minutes to make these Parmesan Crisps are the perfect low-carb snacks or crunchy topping for soups and salads! Gluten-free!

Ever since I have tried these delicious Parmesan crisps I have been addicted to them! I have eaten these years ago but have never attempted making them thinking that perhaps it's complicated. Ha! I was totally wrong!! A few days ago when we bought some parmesan cheese from the grocery I finally decided to make it at home. It was so easy!! Crazy easy!! How could I have not done this before?



 With only 1 ingredient and just a few minutes to make these Parmesan Crisps are the perfect low-carb snacks or crunchy topping for soups and salads! Gluten-free!

So for the benefit of everyone else who loves parmesan crisps but never dared to make them, this is for you.

I love that not only is it great as a low-carb and gluten-free snack (perfect for hubby's diet!!) it is quite versatile and may be used as topping. It's great to add flavor to soup and when crumbled over salad! However you wish to use these crisps - they are guaranteed to be delicious!


 With only 1 ingredient and just a few minutes to make these Parmesan Crisps are the perfect low-carb snacks or crunchy topping for soups and salads! Gluten-free!


Best of all - it only requires one ingredient --- just Parmesan, that's all. Make it soon!


Print Friendly and PDF



How to make Parmesan Crisps

Manila Spoon
Published: 03/11/2017

How to make Parmesan Crisps

With only 1 ingredient and just a few minutes to make these Parmesan Crisps are the perfect low-carb snacks or crunchy topping for soups and salads! Gluten-free!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Measure a heaping tablespoon of the grated parmesan. Place in a parchment lined baking sheet or silicone baking sheet like a Silpat. Repeat until all the grated Parmesan is gone. Leave a space of at least 1/2 an inch between the parmesan mounds. Gently pat down or flatten the cheese - this is to ensure they are spread out a bit and not clumpy - the thinner - the crispier the result. 
  2. Bake in the preheated oven for about 4-6 minutes or until nicely golden and crisp. Cool and enjoy!
Yield: 8-10 pieces
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: Gluten-free, low-carb, snack, Parmesan Cheese, Salad Topping, Easy, Recipe
Share:

24 comments

  1. I love parmesan crisps. I love to make little bowls out of them and fill them with more deliciousness. Sometimes I make them really big and use them as a bowl for salad and then I eat the bowl when I'm finished! So easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wonderful indeed as salad bowls! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Oh I haven't made these in years! Thank you for the reminder - I quite like popping one on top of a hot bowl of cauliflower soup ooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love parmesan crisps. I actually just bought some at the store, but now that I know how easy it is to make my own I won't be doing that again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth making your own as it's so easy. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. These sound so easy and delicious! What a great accomaniment to soup or salad! Can't wait to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful idea love cheese and those crisps are perfect for snacks but aso for garnishing dishes and salads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love parmesan chips.. when my kids were small i'd use the muffin pan to make small bowls and add stuff - especially veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these crisps. It's bee years and years since I made them. Thank you for the reminder I need to get on the ball and make some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I gave you that gentle reminder. :) Thanks Marisa!

      Delete
  8. Yum! Such a great snack. My husband would love these! He's obsessed with cheese in any form. :) Pinning for later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine and hope your hubby enjoy these!

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love parmesan crisps and the first time I made them I was hooked. Love how simple you're recipe is for them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for the most basic one although I know this can be enhanced by adding some herbs and greens, too. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  10. Okay, I don't think I've ever read a recipe with one ingredient. LOL. Bravo! And, I've never once in my life had a parmesan crisp either. I have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this recipe! It seems so simple. And hear I thought this elegant treat would be a trick to make. Apparently the trick is simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been longing to make parmesan crisps for the longest time but have not yet made it. Looking at yours is making me want to make it soon. They are so simple to make and are so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love parm crisps. I actually BUY them because I'm too lazy to make them. They're low carb, high protein and reasonable fat - which makes them pretty perfect for someone following a specific diet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are awesome!! As someone who always seems to need bread to eat with things like soups and stews, these are the perfect substitute and basically no carbs. Super easy to make, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so much fun and I can already think of so many recipe to use these parmesan crisps with. Would be trying them soon :)

    ReplyDelete

© Manila Spoon | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template created by pipdig