Apr 19, 2014

Double Chocolate Chip Muffins



Oh muffins! They are a family favorite and definitely one of the first ever baked treats I have ever tried. The first one I have ever attempted was a blueberry muffin recipe. I was so excited when it came out edible. That's what happens when you are a first time baker. :) I discovered that the muffins are even better when I use fresh or frozen Michigan blueberries; they are the best!
After trying other fruit-flavored muffins (another favorite is a mango almond muffin....that reminds me, I ought to blog about that, too!) I thought it's time I make something chocolaty. After all, we are big chocoholics in our family. Every time I am in a coffee house, the muffin I often choose to go with my coffee is always a chocolate muffin - I think it's the perfect pair!

Here's a recipe that's easy to make and truly scrumptious. The chocolate flavor sings complemented with a subtle vanilla and cinnamon flavoring. We loved these muffins and my kids were all smiles when these came out freshly baked from the oven. I love to eat each muffin while still warm so the chocolate chips are still quite meltingly delicious and gooey! Try it soon and have it with your coffee or milk for the kiddies! :)




Print Friendly and PDF


Click on the print icon for printing. To remove images, simply click on the image box and choose "remove."

Ingredients

2 cups All-purpose (plain) Flour
4 Tablespoons Cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt (optional, if your butter is salted)
1 stick (4 oz) unsalted Butter, softened (room temp)
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Milk
1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (or your favorite flavor) plus extra for topping

Handy tool: Ice Cream Scoop

Procedure

Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners.

Sift together all the dry ingredients - flour, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

Beat together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually, beat in the eggs. Add the Vanilla extract and milk and mix until well-blended.

Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture just until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl, if needed. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, dividing it evenly. Press a few more chocolate chips on top of each muffin, if desired. Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until a tester inserted comes out clean.

Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. So chocolaty good - and yummy eaten warm as the chocolate melts in your mouth!



If you wish to print the recipe, there's a print-friendly icon below the post. Click on the "remove images" box for easy and convenient printing.


If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we'd love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we'd love you to like us on Facebook too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!

Share:

10 comments

  1. Yummy to the very last morsel. I adore the colourful muffin tray too. Happy Easter sweet girl. Will be sharing these on my page tomorrow xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beverley! You are so very sweet. :)

      Delete
  2. I never say no to chocolate muffins. Thanks for the recipe. Happy easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a happy Easter, too. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  3. What's better than chocolate muffins? Double chocolate chip muffins :)
    This looks really great, thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome and hope you enjoy this recipe.

      Delete
  4. I just love chocolate muffins.. However when i bake them the top of the muffins become smooth... It doesnt have that cracked and lovely look that you have got.. Any suggestions please..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried this recipe or were you referring to a different one. If you use the technique here or this recipe, it should have the same result. :) Please let me know so that I can help you better as each recipe is different and thus would achieve a different result. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  5. Can you use margarine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly never use margarine as I prefer butter because it's "real" and not processed. Am sure you can replace it but try to use butter if you can as the taste would be so much better.

      Delete

© Manila Spoon | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template created by pipdig