Apr 2, 2013

Rosemary Chicken with Courgettes (Zucchini)


We went to England in 2010 and stayed with my hubby's very good friend, Robin, while in London. His wife was away visiting her family abroad at that time so he was left in-charge of taking care of us and feeding us. Wow, I was almost afraid for him - not that we are difficult guests (LOL) but just because I didn't want him to make a fuss or to be intimidated with our presence.

Little did I know, he's quite a master in the kitchen and cooked for us one of the best Roasted chicken I have ever tasted. The chicken was flavorful and the Courgettes (Zucchini) were meltingly delicious! Thankfully, he showed me his amazing and very easy technique which lent so much lovely flavors to the chicken. When I went back to the US, I have tried to replicate his style but tweaked the dish by using herbs and recipes that are available here and this fusion brought us this favorite chicken dish that my husband simply adores - Roasted Rosemary Chicken with Courgettes (Zucchini). You can easily use this recipe for an entire chicken which I have also tried. Enjoy!!!



Ingredients

1 whole Garlic, cloves peeled and crushed
4 Tablespoons, Olive Oil (separated)
2 teaspoons Paprika
3 Tablespoons fresh Rosemary, chopped or 2 teaspoons, dried
½ teaspoon Garlic powder
¾ teaspoon,  freshly Ground Black Pepper
¼ to ½ teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes, or to taste
1 teaspoon Salt
2 lbs (about 6-8) bone-in but skinless Chicken thighs
4-5  medium Courgettes or Zucchini (trust me the more, the better) - you can also replace this with your favorite vegetable
Procedure


Fry the individual garlic cloves (whole garlic) in half the olive oil just until brown, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.

Mix the spices, seasoning and herb with the remaining oil in a large bowl. Add the chicken. Toss to coat.
Place the garlic with the oil in a deep oven-safe dish and then mix in the Courgettes until they are coated with the oil. Season with a little salt and pepper.
Place the chicken on top of the Courgettes in a large deep baking pan.
Roast in a preheated 375 F oven for about an hour and ten minutes or until chicken is gloriously brown and fully cooked and tender. 

Serve with rice or roasted potatoes. Delicious!
 
 

If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates we'd love you to subscribe to our posts and join our site. Also do like us in Facebook so you can get the latest updates and so much more. Thanks for visiting and happy browsing!

Share:

8 comments

  1. Hello again Manila Spoon!

    This looks like a great pick for a dinner menu soon! I think the flavor of the chicken will be great with a steaming cup of rice! my Mom would love this!

    Keep up the good recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Micole! I highly recommend this recipe, my husband and I love this totally! Hope your mom and yourself love it too!

      Delete
  2. i also tried doing this over the weekend. success =) no left-overs. it was only after tasting it that i understood your suggestion regarding using as much zucchini as possible. will add more that next time. i also used the smoked variety of paprika powder, it gave a nice kick to it. thanks again for these easy-to-do recipes =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Carla, you made my day. This recipe for some reason has been overlooked by many but I always recommend it as it is truly fantastic! Am so happy you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I made this last evening and it was delicious - wonderful flavours my husband loved it. One question, is it roasted covered or uncovered - I did it uncovered and there wasn't much of the lovely sauce as pictured in the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mercia,I am so glad that you and hubby both enjoyed it. I have cooked it uncovered but because heating varies in ovens perhaps you can cover it for the first 40 minutes and then uncover and continue to bake until the chicken is nicely browned and tender. Hope that would help. Thanks again for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi, I have a quick question, what is the cooking time if I'm using a whole chicken? I have fresh zucchini from garden that I'm going to use! Also was going to use the Hungarian paprika. Can't wait to try tonight! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike! Here's the whole roast chicken version of this - http://www.manilaspoon.com/2013/10/garlic-and-thyme-roasted-chicken-with.html - hope you like it! Thanks!

      Delete

© Manila Spoon | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template created by pipdig