Apr 25, 2013

Fresh Strawberry and White Chocolate Muffins



Imagine a cold and gloomy morning and you wake up to the delicious aroma of freshly baked muffins that's still warm and waiting just for you! What an ideal way to start the day, right? It's not impossible and I sure have an excellent recipe for you - Fresh Strawberry and White Chocolate Muffins!

I am so happy that now that it's spring we are getting more strawberries in the store and when they abound that means you can purchase them at a very low price. Since we bought quite a lot of strawberries I have been in a Strawberry baking frenzy! Just last week I made three strawberry cakes and yesterday I made these!

There's just something about fresh fruits and especially strawberries - they're just so perfect for baking - not only do they impart that pretty reddish-pinkish hue to any bread, cake or muffin - they also lend it the yummiest and freshest flavor too! Each bite into these Strawberry muffins truly bring such pure delight! I thought I'll have some for breakfast this morning but my kids love these so much, especially my little boy that when he came home from school yesterday - he ate the rest....I must confess I did have 3! Yikes...it's that good!

If you wish to make a healthy and low-fat version, feel free to omit the chocolate chips (though you may have to add some more sugar especially if the strawberries are really tart) but my question is - why would you? :-)




Print Friendly and PDF

Ingredients

2 cups All-purpose Flour
1 cup sugar (you can use either white or brown or a mix of the two - I used half of each)*
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 large Eggs, room temperature
1 cup / 8 oz Yogurt
1/3 cup Olive oil (light or the fruity version)
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups fresh Strawberries, chopped
1/2 - 3/4 cup white or regular chocolate chips

Procedure

Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Line your muffin pan with paper cups. I use the Demarle Flexipan Muffin trays .

In a large mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. Set aside.



In another bowl whisk the eggs together until combined. Add the rest of the wet ingredients (yogurt, oil and vanilla) and mix together.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix. I use a spatula to fold in the flour and mix everything together but you can also use a whisk. The batter would be thick.
Fold in the berries and the chocolate chips.


Divide evenly among the 12 muffin cups. I use a large ice cream scooper for this. So handy! A full scoop per cup is about right. There is enough batter (nearly full) for each cup, sufficient to give your muffin a nice dome.

Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.


Remove from the oven and after about 5-8 minutes (when it's cool enough to handle) transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!

If you wish to print the recipe, there's a print icon with the social buttons. Click on the "remove images" box for easy and convenient printing.

Moist, fruity and chocolaty fresh strawberry muffins with white chocolate are the best way to start your day! | manilaspoon.com
  
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates we'd love you to subscribe to our posts and join our site. Also do like us in Facebook so you can get the latest updates and so much more. Thanks for visiting and happy browsing! 

Moist, fruity and chocolaty fresh strawberry muffins with white chocolate are the best way to start your day! | manilaspoon.com

Share:

39 comments

  1. You certainly picked a great time to make them especially with how nice the strawberries are right now. The muffins look fresh and so delicious! Thanks for sharing this great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jerry! Glad you like it. Appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  2. You totally had me when you took the photo of the muffine with the view inside! *drool hehe I'm such a sucker for muffins! I usually do not make it as perfect as these though.. I had a thought though Ms. Abby! I hope you did some strawberry shortcake during your frenzy! I'd love to see one that you make. Its my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day! LOVE your photos, TRUE!
    What a great combination, healthy and can't wait to try and make too!
    Cheers!
    Joanne
    What's On The List?
    http://www.whatsonthelist
    Foodie Friends Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the strawberries at this time of year also! These muffins look really delicious. Thank you for sharing with Foodie Friends Friday. I will be sharing them on my Facebook page this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so fresh and inviting, Abby! I'm all about strawberries right now...can't get enough! I'd love one of these right now with an afternoon cup of coffee! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! Love this with my favorite cuppa, too!

      Delete
  6. Se ven muy suaves, húmedas y muy lindas también opino que es una gran receta,hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting recipe dear...Beautiful clicks too
    Congratulations !!!
    Im here 2 pass u a Liebster Blog Award from my side...
    Do grab it frm the below link & dont 4get 2 cmmnt when u receive it n when u pass it..Let me knw too...
    http://www.sajustastes.com/2013/04/my-2nd-3rd-4th-liebster-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Sajina! That is so very kind of you. Thank you very much!

      Delete
  8. This look delicious Abby! love the white chocolate and strawberries combo..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a bunch of strawberries that are looking a little sad, I am so making these today! I may add some wholewheat flour, don't tell the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can choose the flour that you like, I will try next time to make this gluten-free! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Thank you for sharing these at my facebook strawberry and dip party. Its been shared.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! I'll try to bake this one of these days. Great photos as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this recipe.
    I made this as a cake today, rather than muffins. It's currently cooling on the rack; looks yummy! Hopefully it came out OK :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am sure it's fine....that's a wonderful idea. I should try that for next time! Thanks, Luisa!

      Delete
  13. Abby these look beautiful! So cute! I love strawberry and white chocolate together so will be pinning these to make soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I hardly use yogurt for my ingredients.... May I know whether is the yogurt plain (sour) or vanilla flavour...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's up to you. I only use plain but you can use the flavored one if you like.:-)

      Delete
  15. Hi, I really want to make this recipe today but I don't have any olive oil. I was wondering if I could substitute margarine for it instead? And if so how much margarine would I need to get the same amount of olive oil needed originally? And do I need to melt it? Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy, you can use Vegetable Oil, which is probably a better sub because you don't need to wonder how much exactly you need as it will be the same measurement as Olive oil. Thanks!

      Delete
  16. OHHH!!! YUM!!! I am going to make this!!! Especially because it is strawberry season now here in Holland!!! I live near a strawberry farm so their produce is really fresh and sweet!!!! Thanks for posting this one!

    Greetings from Holland,

    Maricel Canete-Jacobs

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this recipe, thanks for posting it. I do have a question though. I don't have any yogurt. Do you think I could substitute sour cream for the yogurt in this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most certainly Holli. I often exchange the two, depending on which one is available. Please enjoy.

      Delete
  18. Can't wait to try this recipe looks so yummy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can the yogourt be replaced by sour cream by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wondering if we can replace yogourt with sour cream?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Could this be made into a quick bread? I assume I would just bake it for about 45 minutes-1 hour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, just adjust the baking time accordingly. Please let us know how it goes Heather. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. I made this today as a quick break with regular chocolate chips. It was really good. If making as a quick bread, I would decrease the temp to 350 and bake for about 45 minutes. I kept the temp at 400 for 45 minutes and the bottoms are a little too dark. Nothing I can't cut off or eat around. The other thing is the strawberries...I think I should have cut them even smaller than I did. I will make this again. I made some for my mom and my new neighbor. Figure it's a good housewarming gift!

      Delete
  22. I made these last night! I knew as soon as the batter came together they were going to be AMAZING just because the batter smelled SOOOO delicious. I altered the recipe to make it vegan - substituted Ener-G egg replacer for the eggs, unsweetened coconut milk yogurt for dairy yogurt, and non-dairy semi-sweet chocolate chips for the white chips. They are sweet, moist and delicious. My husband and I polished off three each right out of the oven. I will be making this constantly during berry season! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so amazing to know! Appreciate you stopping by to let us know! Enjoy!

      Delete

© Manila Spoon | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template created by pipdig