May 12, 2017

Asparagus with Bacon and Mushrooms

This quick and easy Asparagus dish is loaded with flavor from bacon and mushrooms! Done in 15 minutes or less. Totally gluten-free and low-carb, too.

This quick and easy Asparagus dish is loaded with flavor from bacon and mushrooms! Done in 15 minutes or less. Totally gluten-free and low-carb, too.

My family, including my kids, love Asparagus so when we see it on sale we definitely buy a bunch or 2 for cooking. We have our favorite asparagus dishes like the cheesy Asparagus with Parmesan or the  Asparagus Tart but I thought of doing another quick and easy stir-fry type asparagus dish so we don't get bored with the same old, same old.

This quick and easy Asparagus dish is loaded with flavor from bacon and mushrooms! Done in 15 minutes or less. Totally gluten-free and low-carb, too.

Thankfully, I still had some bacon and mushrooms on the fridge so I thought it may be a good idea to cook the asparagus with a bit of bacon and why not throw in some mushrooms for good measure!! We definitely had a lovely lunch with this. I ate it with eggs -- that was my late breakfast or brunch! It think they really went to gether very well.

The best thing, this is so easy to prep and quick to cook. Less than 15 minutes. Season it to taste and my Asian in me would recommend a little bit of soy sauce for seasoning in place of salt, just to give it some flavor lift but if that's not your thing - salt and pepper will do! Enjoy!

This quick and easy Asparagus dish is loaded with flavor from bacon and mushrooms! Done in 15 minutes or less. Totally gluten-free and low-carb, too.


Print Friendly and PDF

Asparagus with Bacon and Mushrooms

Manila Spoon
Published: 05/12/2017

Asparagus with Bacon and Mushrooms

This quick and easy Asparagus dish is loaded with flavor from bacon and mushrooms! Done in 15 minutes or less. Totally gluten-free and low-carb, too.

Ingredients

  • 1 Tablespoon Oil
  • 5 Bacon strips, chopped
  • 4 Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
  • 8-12 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 lb. Asparagus, sliced
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste

Instructions

  1. Heat a little oil in a large skillet or pan. Add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp. Transfer to another plate.
  2. Quickly saute the garlic in the bacon fat. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender.
  3. Add the asparagus and cover and cook until the asparagus is crisp-tender about 2-3 minutes depending on how thick your asparagus spears are. Season with salt and pepper (or soy sauce!!) Serve immediately!
Yield: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
Tags: Low-carb, Gluten-free, Asparagus, Mushrooms, Bacon, Side Dish


Share:

17 comments

  1. I love asparagus season! I also love all three of these ingredients together, and it looks like such a flavorful, quick and easy dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love asparagus just by itself with some salt and pepper, buttttt I also LOVE mushrooms and I think I've just found the best way to prepare asparagus! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything bacon and asparagus are in plenty now. This sounds so delicious. Would make a delicious weekend side dish..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abby, this would be a great addition to the mushroom theme over at Food on Friday (which is on right now). Each month there are 3 different themes plus a Potluck – so you should always be able to share something. If you would like to join in the fun on a regular basis please schedule a reminder for the second Friday of each month (NZ time). Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on getting your kids to eat asparagus.. I tried for years.. my hubbie would love this dish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes EVERYONE in our family loves asparagus too. Bacon makes everything better....and mushrooms...well they are just delicious. This sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the only one in my house that likes asparagus, and I'm fine with that. I figure the less people to eat it, the more there is for me! Plus, bacon... makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! This is going to be a last minute addition to my Mother's Day menu!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In love with asparagus this year I have been lucky finding so much abundance of them fresh in my area. Lovely recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is great side for weekend dinners! My boys would be so excited to see asparagus and would start snacking on them as soon as I make them. There won't be any left till dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love asparagus and bacon as a delicious side dish (err..umm...sometimes lunch)! Yours looks really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband used to eat mushrooms all of the time and loved them, but developed a dangerous allergy. He would have enjoyed this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love making asparagus with a little bacon, parmesan and lemon. I never thought about adding mushrooms, but I bet the flavor is delicious, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll take asparagus any way I can get them (unless they're overcooked). Now, add bacon and mushrooms and you've made a heavenly dish. I've made peas and green beans with bacon and mushrooms but never asparagus. Thank you for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very colorful meal and love how quick it is to make! Veggies and meat make it a filling and wholesome meal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a healthy and wholesome meal. Looks delicious, My son is not a big fan of asparagus I should start exploring recipes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never tried Bacon but love asparagus. I just put some in the oven
    -anvita

    ReplyDelete

© Manila Spoon | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template created by pipdig