Aug 30, 2014

Creamy Pasta with Pancetta and Mushrooms

You can never go wrong with bacon and mushrooms! This creamy and delicious pasta with pancetta is our comfort food for sure.  

You can never go wrong with bacon and mushrooms! This creamy and delicious pasta with pancetta is our comfort food for sure.

I am so happy to be living in New Haven, CT! Two yummy reasons are - Whole Foods and Trader Joe's! When we were in  Michigan the nearest Trader Joe's was 3 hours away - to the west in a Chicago suburb and to the east in a suburb of Detroit. That means when we visit either store, we tend to hoard as we don't know when we will return. My hubby is such a huge fan of their salsas so we haul loads of them back home.

But now, instead of 3 hours - either Whole Foods or Trader Joe's are minutes away from where we live. I am so enjoying this! Anyway, the other day we went to TJ's and got myself some pancetta (Italian Bacon) and mushrooms which I intended to use for different recipes. However, as it would usually happen, there were change of plans on the menu and instead I opted to just use both in one recipe - a yummy pasta dish. As you can imagine - the marriage of Pancetta and mushrooms with cream and pasta as special guests (not to mention the presence of wine, too!) made such a wonderful dinner! Yes, it felt like we were having a dinner feast indeed! Enjoy this easy and tasty pasta dish!

You can never go wrong with bacon and mushrooms! This creamy and delicious pasta with pancetta is our comfort food for sure.

 If you like what you see do subscribe to our posts via email. You can also like us in Facebook or  join us on Pinterest so you can get the latest recipes and so much more. Thanks for visiting and happy browsing! 


Print Friendly and PDF


To delete the photos for printing, click on the image box and tick the "remove" button.

Ingredients

1 (12 oz) package of Pasta of your choice*
1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
4 oz Pancetta, cubed*
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 (8 oz) package Baby Bella mushrooms, chopped
¼ cup dry White (or Red) wine*
1 cup Heavy/Double Cream
1/4 - 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese 
Freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
Salt, if needed

*I only had Spaghetti but Penne and other tube pasta would be great for this, too.
*You can replace this with regular bacon.
*You can replace the wine with chicken broth.

Procedure

In a heavy-bottomed pot, bring to a boil lightly salted water. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. While cooking the pasta, begin the process of cooking the sauce.

In a large skillet or sauté pan, heat the oil. Cook the pancetta until browned but not crispy. Add the garlic and sauté briefly. 

Add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms have released its liquid. Pour in the wine. Increase the heat and reduce the wine/liquid to about half. 

Lower the heat and stir in the cream. Cook until the cream is just heated then add the parmesan. Simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly. Season with some freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste. If you think it needs salt, add some, to taste. 

Drain the Pasta and mix with the sauce. Serve immediately with extra parmesan on the side. Garnish with some fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!

If you wish to print the recipe, there's a print-friendly icon at the end of the post. Click on the "remove images box" for easy printing.

If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we'd love you to subscribe to our posts via email or through our feed or join our site. Needless to say, we'd love you to like us on Facebook or follow us on Pinterest where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!


You can never go wrong with bacon and mushrooms! This creamy and delicious pasta with pancetta is our comfort food for sure.

Share:

32 comments

  1. This looks great! The other day, I made Chicken Alfredo and Bacon Carbonara and looking at the recipe this is certainly something I will try next. The picture looks fabulous!

    Would you prefer to add red or white wine to the dish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay! Because this has cream, white is preferred. I think I made this with red as that's what I had at that time. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  2. Yum! Everything is better with pancetta and this pasta dish is no exception :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say double YuM! I think you have the perfect combination right here. This looks so delicious. Pinning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love mushrooms, they are so filling and hearty! This pasta looks so creamy and delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true and love the flavor they add, too. Thanks Josie! :)

      Delete
  5. This looks so perfect dreamy and creamy:)! The addition of garlic and parmesan give this the perfect flavors! Pinned! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - garlic and parmesan makes everything great! Thanks, Florian!

      Delete
  6. We are hoping for a Trader Joe's here! But I don't think they will open up until we can sell wine in the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope they will open up Trader Joe's where you are Pam. Love that store!

      Delete
  7. Too funny when we lived in New Haven I never bothered with TJ OR WF lol... There were so many tiny interesting international markets I used instead. I hope you explore those also!

    I LOVE this pasta! I especially love that you do not scrimp on the mushrooms! Drool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do Laura. Love the little delis nearby - great food and especially handy for the little stuff you tend to forget when you go grocery shopping. Great to know you once lived here! What a coincidence! :)

      Delete
  8. I can imagine eating this creamy mushroom sauce with all kinds of pasta. I think I would eat it everyday and not get tired of it. This is a delicious idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this looks so yummy, I make something close to this and it tastes great. For those who cannot use wine for cooking (for many different reasons), you can also use chicken stock, which is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I just say thank you? I just saw this recipe late this afternoon, (ran out for mushrooms) and produced an incredibly tasty dinner in no time. It absolutely hit the spot. I used the chicken stock and it was so good. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am absolutely delighted that you took the time to tell us that you enjoyed the recipe. Thank you so much! Glad to know that! :)

      Delete
  11. cvferrell2@yahoo.comJanuary 9, 2016 at 7:10 PM

    This was a big hit ! I added Swiss Chard .......will make this again and again !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a delicious idea to add Swiss Chard! I have to try that and thank you so much for letting us know that you enjoyed this! Very happy to know that!

      Delete
  12. Can you make the sauce ahead of time, then just before serving, boil the pasta, heat the sauce, and then add? I have a girlfriend's group of 15 that will be here to play a game, then we break for lunch. It's this Thursday, so I'd appreciate a quick response. Looks really good for a crowd. I'll add chicken to make it more of a main dish, serve with grilled Caesar's Salad. What do you think? I will be following you from now on! PS. I live outside Houston, Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be fine to cook the sauce ahead of time. I love the addition of chicken! Hope all goes well and you all enjoy it! Thanks!

      Delete
  13. Fantastic Pasta!!! I had to substitute the mushrooms (shame) because my son just wont eat them. I just added peppers, onions & chicken:) This was one of his favorites!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you managed to tweak it to your family's taste and that your son enjoyed it! Thanks for letting us know! :)

      Delete
  14. Made this for dinner tonight, it was awesome. I did add fresh, diced tomatoes for color. Thanks for the recipe, it will be a staple in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,

    I was wondering, is this a recipe for two or three people ? I'm definitely going to be cooking this for my parents !
    Great job ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 4-6 servings (although amount depends on how much each person can consume) Carmen and hope you all enjoy it! Thanks!

      Delete
  16. i tried this today and it was really really tasty! Thanks for sharing! Definitely going to try it again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for letting us know. :)

      Delete
  17. What kind of white wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As with any recipe that calls for wine in savory dishes, get the one you'd love to drink after so it won't be wasted. In other words, your favorite white wine. :)

      Delete
  18. I make this recipe all the time, everyone loves it! I made this yesterday and added pesto! It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

© Manila Spoon | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template created by pipdig