Sep 16, 2015

Yummy Blueberry Cheesecake

Delicious and creamy blueberry cheesecake with a luscious sweet-tangy sauce that brings this dessert over the top. Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used so it's an all-season dessert.

Delectable blueberry cheesecake.....for me there isn't a more satisfying dessert than a sumptuous slice of cheesecake. My whole family loves cheesecake so I have made different varieties through the years - from no bake, to plain, white chocolate, dark chocolate, with green tea, one with nutella, etc - you name it. While I haven't totally exhausted all kinds of cheesecake - we are always willing to try something new.


Delicious and creamy blueberry cheesecake with a luscious sweet-tangy sauce that brings this dessert over the top. Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used so it's an all-season dessert.

But of course, one should always make the classic blueberry cheesecake so when I saw some juicy blueberries  on sale I bought a pack so I could finally make this cake. I love the cheesecake itself because of it's simplicity. Apart from the crust, it only has 4 ingredients - no frills - just plain delicious creamy cheesy goodness!

Delicious and creamy blueberry cheesecake with a luscious sweet-tangy sauce that brings this dessert over the top. Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used so it's an all-season dessert.

That's the plain cheesecake, it's so good that you can have it on its own without any topping.

Delicious and creamy blueberry cheesecake with a luscious sweet-tangy sauce that brings this dessert over the top. Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used so it's an all-season dessert.

But of course, for extra flavor and deliciousness I highly recommended this sumptuous blueberry sauce to be drizzled on top!

Delicious and creamy blueberry cheesecake with a luscious sweet-tangy sauce that brings this dessert over the top. Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used so it's an all-season dessert.



Delicious and creamy blueberry cheesecake with a luscious sweet-tangy sauce that brings this dessert over the top. Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used so it's an all-season dessert.

If you like what you see do subscribe to our posts via email. You can also like us in Facebook or  join us on Pinterest so you can get the latest recipes and so much more. Thanks for visiting and happy browsing! 

Yummy Blueberry Cheesecake





Delicious and creamy blueberry cheesecake with a luscious sweet-tangy sauce that brings this dessert over the top. Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used so it's an all-season dessert.

Delicious and creamy blueberry cheesecake with a luscious sweet-tangy sauce that brings this dessert over the top. Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used so it's an all-season dessert.

Ingredients


    For the crust

  • 18 Graham Cracker Squares, crushed (or digestives - about 10 - roughly 1 1/2 cups when crushed)
  • 1 (2.5 - 3oz) packet of Pecans or Walnuts, crushed (roughly 3/4 cup)
  • 1 Tablespoon Sugar
  • 6 Tablespoons unsalted Butter, melted


  • For the Cheesecake

  • Three 8-ounce blocks/packages Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract


  • For the sauce/topping


  • 3/4 cup Water
  • 1 pint plus 1/2 cup Blueberries
  • 2-3 Tablespoons Sugar, or to taste (I like it sweet-tangy)
  • Zest of 1 lemon plus juice of 1/2 lemon

Instructions

  1. To make the crust, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until evenly moistened. Press the crumb mixture into a greased 9-inch springform pan using the smooth bottom of a glass. Set aside.
  2. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese in medium speed until soft, creamy and completely smooth (no lumps). Add the sugar slowly and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth. Add the eggs one at a time (this is very important) beating well after each addition. Pour in the vanilla extract and beat again until it's well mixed. Frequently scrape the sides of the mixing bowl to ensure that there are no lumps remaining on the side or at the bottom. Patience is the key here - it may take awhile to do all the above but the result would be a very silky smooth cheesecake and not a lumpy one.
  3. Pour the cheesecake batter onto the prepared springform pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. The cake will brown on the edges and may even crack on the middle but that's perfectly fine. If you don't like the appearance of cracks, try to bake the cheesecake using a water bath. I don't worry much about this as the cheesecake would be covered on top with the sauce anyway. Besides, the browning, sinking or cracking won't affect the cheesecake's taste one bit. When done, transfer the cake to a rack and cool completely. Refrigerate. The cake can be done two days ahead.
  4. To make the sauce, in a small saucepan add all the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the fruit begins to break down and the sauce has thickened slightly. Leave to cool before spreading on cheesecake.
  5. To serve, transfer the cheesecake to a serving platter. Spoon the blueberry sauce onto each slice of cake. Enjoy thoroughly.
Yield: 10-12 slices
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes plus chilling time



Share:

41 comments

  1. I love cheesecake and have made many kinds, but plain is still my favorite. adding fruit is great too - this looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I absolutely adore blueberries and dream of cheesecake daily..this is probably the most perfect dessert I could ask for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeously delicious looking cheesecake! I love the addition of pecans into the crust and how the ingredients list is kept simple... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh this is gorgeous!! I have an affinity for cheesecake so this is totally getting pinned for later :D

    Toodles,
    Tammy<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me start off by saying I am one of those weirdos who likes to make cheesecakes and this one looks out of this world!! That blueberry topping!! Cannot wait to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blueberry sauce just looks SO rich and luxurious. WOW!!! Absolutely gorgeous dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy indeed -- WOW! This cheesecake looks so delicious with that beautiful blueberry compote on top! Pinned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cheesecake looks so good!! I haven't made a cheesecake...ever! Can you believe it? This really needs to change!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks fantastic! Love all the blueberries! I bet this would surely impress a lot of people!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Blueberry cheesecake looks amazing, definitely something I would love to make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh cheesecake is my all time fave dessert! Love the blueberry topping. Gotta make this before Summer is over!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not usually a huge fan of fruit topping on cheesecake but man, those blueberries are pretty enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love blueberry cheesecake in our family. I just want to eat it this minute! Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my gosh! I love, love cheesecake in the first place, but topped with all those lusicous blueberries make this one a showstopper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is truly amazing looking, nicely done!! I want an extra big slice!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need a piece of this right now! I think I will be adding this to my Thanksgiving menu!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful! Picture perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word, this cheesecake looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is some seriously luscious blueberry cheesecake. AHHHH! Love it. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, this is a gorgeous cheesecake. One worthy of a dinner party.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Look at all those blueberries. I love blueberries, and I can convince myself it is a healthy dessert choice as it has fruit :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Could you please tell how did you do the empty space which filled by blueberry, as when you bake it and get it out of the oven it will be one level. did you empty some of its surface?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It naturally sinks as it cools down and creates that space above. :)

      Delete
    2. thanks, i made it following your steps, it is very yummy. it needs 180 degrees C in my oven, i posted pics on my instagram maherabuzer

      Delete
  23. This was great! I substituted Labneh for the cream cheese to make it healthier and it went perfectly with the blueberries :) Making it again tonight except using raspberry topping and adding lemon juice/zest to the base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for letting us know! I haven't tried Labneh and now I am intrigued and will check it out soon! Thanks!

      Delete
  24. This is a super hit recipe....each time comes out so well. Thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I cannot wait for fresh blueberry season to put this one together, Abby. In the mean time, I'm considering printing out one of these mouthwatering photos of this cheesecake and pinning it up on my bedroom wall; please don't judge me!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The blueberries on this cheesecake look incredible! My son loves cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow what a gorgeous cheesecake! Prettiest one I have seen in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Made this last week and it was like velvet. so smooth and creamy. the best baked cheesecake recipe I've ever tried. making it again today and twisting it a bit by making it a cookies and cream cheesecake. choice biscuit base with crushed oreos through the batter. fingers crossed it works out just as delicious. i have no doubt that it will :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to know you enjoyed it!!! We really love this cheesecake! Thank you for letting us know!

      Delete
  29. First time making cheesecake and it turned out perfect. Took me about 15-20 minutes for sauce to reduce, maybe because I had to use frozen berries? Sauce was a bit tart for me so I added a little sugar about a tablespoon...still tart but that's fine with me.

    Very easy recipe and definitely a keeper. Will make again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so delighted you enjoyed this cake! Such a favorite. I do like the sauce kind of sweet-tart to cut the richness of the cake, but I am glad you tweaked it to your liking. Appreciate you stopping by! :)

      Delete
  30. This cake is a work of art! It's just beautiful and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  31. For better crust use animal crackers instead of gram crackers.

    ReplyDelete

© Manila Spoon | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template created by pipdig