Feb 24, 2014

Grilled Swordfish with Olives and Sun-dried Tomatoes



Now, if you love to eat fish, you'll love this recipe. It is so truly wonderful and the proof - I almost never got the chance to photograph this dish as the only one left of it was the smallest piece of swordfish steak after hubby and I happily ate the bigger meatier pieces. Hence, what you are seeing is the last remaining piece. In fact, I had second thoughts about posting this recipe because I wasn't very happy with the photo as the swordfish steak was quite small but then when I recalled how delish it is - I said, I'll post it anyway as I didn't want any of you to miss this recipe nor let it be buried in my pile and then completely forgotten.

For this recipe, I sauteed some onions and garlic and then added some white wine for extra flavor and then rounded it off with the addition of delicious sun-dried tomatoes and olives! Such a perfect side for the grilled swordfish which truly complemented and brought out the yummy flavors of the fish. I really hope you try this.

I have to thank Bella San Luci (Mooney Farms) for their awesome product - Bella San Luci Sun-dried Tomato Halves that I used for this recipe. I was requested to sample their products and agreed to use it for my cooking which I did for this particular recipe and I must say, I was very pleased with it and can't wait to try their other wonderful products soon.





I know cooking or grilling Swordfish can be tricky sometimes because if you overcook it then it can turn rubbery so it's crucial to cook it properly. I found this website to be quite helpful in this regard. It gives you all the great tips to make a perfect grilled swordfish dish. Follow it and you'll soon be making this yummy fish all the time. Here's the link.

Ingredients

2 Tablespoons, Olive Oil  plus extra for sauteeing
Juice of half a Lemon
Salt and Pepper, to taste
4 Swordfish Steaks (about 1-inch thick)
1 medium Yellow Onion, chopped
4 Garlic cloves
1/2 cup White Wine
1/3 cup sun-dried Tomatoes packed in oil, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup pitted Black Olives, chopped

Procedure


Preheat the grill to medium-high. Brush the grill with a little oil to prevent the fish from sticking. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Season the swordfish by rubbing/brushing it with the olive oil/lemon juice combo.

Grill the swordfish for about 5 minutes per side, turning only once. It is cooked when the fish is completely opaque and flakes easily. Swordfish doesn't cook long and length of time will depend on the thickness of your steak. 5 minutes was right for what I had. If it's less than an inch think, perhaps you can turn at 4 minutes or less so adjust accordingly. Do try to check the link above for more info on how to grill a swordfish properly.

While the fish is grilling or even while preheating the grill (as the fish doesn't take long to cook so you can actually make this ahead), heat a little olive oil on medium in a small skillet. Saute the garlic and onions for about 3-4 minutes or until the onions begin to brown a little but not completely. Raise the heat and pour in the wine. Let it boil and cook until most of the wine has evaporated. Add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and olives. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook until heated through. Divide into four equal parts and place on top of the grilled swordfish to serve. Enjoy!

If you wish to print the recipe, there's a print-friendly icon at the end of the post. Click on the "remove images box" for easy and convenient printing.

If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we'd love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we'd love you to like us on Facebook too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Manila Spoon | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template created by pipdig