Feb 1, 2013

Fluffy Pancakes with Blueberries and Walnuts


 
I go nuts over nuts! I just love them on everything! They add texture, crunch and a lot more flavor for sure! I have never tried them on pancakes though so one day I thought I'd give it a try. I still had some blueberries so I thought, why not combine them with the pancake batter. The blueberries will add some soft texture and sweetness while the walnuts will provide the crunch and extra flavor! Oh wow, a match made in heaven. The addition of nuts and berries really made these fluffy lovely pancakes so extra special!
 
Enjoy this nutty, fruity and oh so yummy Fluffy Pancakes with Blueberries and Walnuts! Have a great day!


Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk (less if you want thicker pancakes)
1 egg
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 cup Blueberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts 

Procedure

Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center, place the egg in, then pour in the milk and the melted butter. With a whisk, mix until the batter is free from big lumps or until relatively smooth. Fold in the nuts and berries and gently mix them in.



Heat a griddle or frying pan (some pans need to be greased a bit beforehand) over medium high heat. (I use a non-stick griddle so there’s no need to grease it all). When the pan or griddle is hot enough, scoop the batter onto the griddle/pan using a small measuring cup (1/4-1/3 cup size). Cook until bubbly approximately – 1 to 2 minutes.



Flip and brown the other side. Just cook until it's fully set, approximately 1-2 minutes.

Spread some butter on the pancakes and serve with warm maple syrup or your preferred sweetener.

 
If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates we'd love you to subscribe to our posts and join our site. Also do like us in Facebook so you can get the latest updates and so much more. Thanks for visiting and happy browsing! 
Share:

7 comments

  1. Mmm, I love nuts in my pancakes! These look great Abby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! We love this combo too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love it, thank you, great recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flor! So happy you love it! Glad you came by!

      Delete
  3. Those look great.Never tried this combo but sounds so yum. Did today an apple pancake cake for Shrove Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apple Pancakes sound lovely and delish too! I can imagine that with some nuts thrown in! Yum!

      Delete
  4. These look delicious ! I always make my pancakes from scratch. Why people even buy a mix is beyond me! Especially when you always have these things on hand! I do happen to have a baggy of blueberries in the freezer so I will be making these tomorrow! Lol

    ReplyDelete

© Manila Spoon | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template created by pipdig