Sep 22, 2017

Travel Feature: New York and New England Family Adventure 2017


My family from the Philippines was here for a visit recently and that explains my spotty posting this month. But, naturally, family comes first so I had to take some time out from blogging and enjoy their company as we don't often see each other since we both live in different continents. For this post, I am sharing some photos of our trip around the area. Enjoy!!



Yay, they're here - September 9 --- after over 24 hours of traveling from Manila! My parents looked really tired and I'd be too if took that long!


Gave them a quick tour of our neighborhood.


Morning walk through the woods to help them get over their jet lag!


A quick pose at the park.


All that walking made all of us crave coffee!


A visit to New Haven, Connecticut won't be complete without a tour of Yale University. These two are real drama queens. :)


Dad, who's a retired lawyer, wanted some photo in front of Yale Law School.


Still around Yale -- yes, my dad is wearing a Harvard shirt here as this was after we came back from Boston!! Last day in New Haven here.



My lovely sister got to celebrate her birthday while on vacation.


She celebrated in style at Madison Beach Hotel. My parents wanted a memory of the day and posed in front of the hotel.


Another birthday celebration, this time for supper, at Frank Pepe's Pizzeria. She had such a lovely day!



We had a quick trip to Boston en route to Cape Cod.


We decided a quick tour of Harvard University was in order.






You won't see me much in the photos as I was the official photographer! :)


Finally, Cape Cod!! It was so beautiful there.


Unfortunately, the storm was right on our heels  when we arrived so we didn't get to explore much as rain has started to pour down hard the first night we were there. Still, it was great to see the beach.


We had to leave Cape Cod because of the storm and decided to stop by Plymouth, Massachusetts on the way back. Plymouth rock in the photo.


Our first born, William, was actually named after William Bradford, first governor of the Plymouth Colony. Hope he takes after his name sake.





A trip to the East Coast won't be complete without a trip to the Big Apple so we made sure we visited New York City.


Lovely New York city skyline. Taken from DUMBO.


Brooklyn Bridge at night.





We visited Queens so we could grab a bite from Jollibee!! Jollibee is Philippines' equivalent to McDonalds. It's my country's number one fast food. It's my first time to visit this franchise in NYC.



I enjoyed the food and it made me long for home!



Last pose before they left for Manila. I surely miss them already and glad I got to spend some time with them although it was only for a few days. Hoping I can get the chance to visit them in the Philippines.
Share:

1 comment

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your family photos! Aloha, Michele

    ReplyDelete

© Manila Spoon | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template created by pipdig