May 3, 2014

No Bake Nutella Cheesecake


We love sweets in our family! Too much, I think!!! And if there is one dessert that we all can agree on - it's got to be cheesecake - it's pretty obvious as I now have about 4 cheesecake versions on this blog and yes, there'll be more to come. We simply cannot resist the creamy, sweet and rich nature of this delectable dessert! It's especially better when mixed in with some chocolate, right?

For this version, I thought I'd add in the flavor of everyone's favorite chocolate spread - drum roll please..... Nutella!!! I have wanted to make my own version but then I chanced upon Nigella Lawson's delicious looking creation so I thought, what's the point of making a new one when hers looks perfect already? To be fair, I tweaked and made some minor adjustments to the recipe - I used my own graham cracker recipe measurement but added a little Nutella though I opted not to add nuts (though my other cheesecake recipes called for them). I didn't want a nut overkill! :) Also, I included some helpful techniques to make this recipe even simpler (like how to ensure an easy removal of the cake from the pan - that can be tricky with no bake cheesecakes!). I likewise decided, it's probably better to use Almonds (and recommends Cashew Nuts, too) for the topping to provide a little contrast to the Hazelnut taste already in the Nutella. Trust me, it all worked so well and this gem of a dessert turned out to be a truly luscious cheesecake. Of course, it's calorific but the taste alone makes it so worth it! Enjoy in moderation! Thanks, Nigella for such a delicious inspiration!



For the Crust

Ingredients

20 Graham Cracker Squares, crushed* 
6 Tablespoons, unsalted Butter, melted
1 Tablespoon Nutella

*You can place the crackers in a zip lock plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. 

Procedure

To make the crust, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until evenly moistened. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill the crust while you are making the filling. 

Helpful tip: Do this before you add the crumb crust. Turn the removable base of the springform upside down (reverse it) and then lock it firmly. Butter the base and line with parchment paper. Add the crumb crust. This way the crumbs won't stick into the groove inside the pan and it would be easier to slide them onto a serving platter later.

For the Cheesecake Filling

Ingredients

2 (8 oz) packages of Cream Cheese, softened (room temperature)
1/2 cup Confectioners (Icing) Sugar, sifted
1 (13 oz) jar of Nutella
3/4 cup chopped toasted unsalted Almonds (or Cashew Nuts)

Procedure

Beat the softened cream cheese and confectioner's (icing) sugar until smooth. Add the remaining Nutella and beat again until everything is blended well and no more white streaks appear.

Carefully, spoon the Nutella mixture over the prepared crumb crust. Use a spatula to even it out. Sprinkle the chopped Almonds all over the filling; cover it completely. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).

Serve chilled (straight from fridge) for perfect results. You are most welcome! :)


Inspired by Nigella Lawson's Nutella Cheesecake.

If you wish to print the recipe, there's a print-friendly icon at the end of the post. Click on the "remove images box" for easy printing.

If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we'd love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Needless to say, we'd love you to like us on Facebook too where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!



Share:

22 comments

  1. Yayy, no whipping cream needed! Makes it a lot cheaper! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Abigail, what a decadent dessert. We love cheesecake and Nutella in my family. I can only imagine how delicious this is...so rich and creamy! xo, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is indeed decadent Catherine and we love this a lot, too! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
    2. You had me at Nutella! Also, I love that these are no bake, it has been way too warm to be heating up the oven recently. This cheesecake looks totally rich, sinful and delicious!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, this looks so soo delicious and super easy to make. That's a dangerous combo... in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good and easy to make. I need to jump on the nutella bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that this is no bake! It looks and sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nutella in the crust AND the pie itself?? *drools uncontrollably*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never go wrong with Nutella! Thanks Carmella!

      Delete
  7. That is one yummy looking dessert! I could go for a slice right now...wish it could just jump out of the computer screen and on to a plate for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I wish that would happen every time I see this cake, too! :)

      Delete
  8. Can't find the print button !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please find the print button on top or on the side together with the other social media icons. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  9. That thick, creamy chocolate has me seeing all sorts of hearts and stars.

    ReplyDelete

© Manila Spoon | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template created by pipdig