Sep 22, 2012

3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies



I love cookies! I cannot stop eating them once I start munching on them and for this reason, I avoid making or even buying them. The only time we have cookies in the house is when a kind soul donates to us.

But today I found what I thought was the easiest cookie recipe ever! So, I instantly forgot my resolve to not bake cookies ever - decided it was about time I post a cookie recipe on this blog.
I discovered this very easy (but I knew would certainly be a yummy recipe!) from the Facebook page of the southernladycooks.com. She graciously shared this recipe on her site and I was so happy to try it because I have all the ingredients handy. My peanut butter in the pantry has been begging to be eaten and seems always to be untouched despite my son's constant request to add it to his oatmeal. So I thought, finally we can finish this peanut butter and for a very good cause - Peanut Butter Cookies!
Without further ado, here's the easiest Cookie Recipe ever!
 



And as you can see from the photo below and above that it was a success! For a twist, I replace half the sugar with Chocolate Chips so we have both yummy peanut butter and chocolate too! Super! :-)



My  husband and two tots loved it! Me too! We love the texture from the crunchy peanut butter and the brown sugar granules too! My husband suggested though that perhaps I should lessen the sugar next time as he prefers a more peanut buttery taste! I will, next time, for this recipe is now a keeper. Thanks to the southernladycooks.com for this, we are forever grateful! 

Cook's Notes:

As you can see the cookies are rather big. I didn't realize they would expand that well considering there was no leavening agent. I used a large ice cream scoop and made about 10. However, now that I know that it expands, I am certain I can easily make a dozen out of it and I dare say up to 20 if I use a smaller amount per cookie.  

The assembled cookies before they were baked in the oven.



After baking, see how much they have expanded. 


But whether you want to make extra large cookies or teeny-tiny ones, for sure they will be yummy! That's what matters! Most of all, with a Silpat, it's fuss-free baking! Easy clean-up and cookies never stick!

If you like what you see and would like to receive updates on new recipes, we'd love for you to join our site or like us on Facebook. Thank you so much for visiting!


Share:

18 comments

  1. Really? That simple? Love peanut butter cookies! Hope you're having a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Lois, unbelievably simple! But it works! Hope you are having a lovely weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, awesome recipe Abby! I see you went for 'crunchy' pb - ooo, it's so good to have that extra crunch. These are one of those recipes I'll definitely remember because I can make them even while camping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right! We never buy smooth peanut butter. It's just not as exciting as the "crunchy" one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so did you use 1 cup of BROWN sugar...

      Delete
    2. Yes, I did but you can adjust the sweetness to your liking.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for participating in the Cookie Party at LifeScoops. These cookies are definitely delicious. I have added these to Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/hishema/cookies/)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyone try with egg substitute and coconut sugar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am sure coconut sugar is fine but am not sure about the egg substitute. You only need one egg so unless you're allergic to it I think it would be better to use it, if I may say so. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. We will be baking these today :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baking them now, looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for trying it and hope you enjoyed it much.

      Delete
  9. I've made these cookies for several years now and they are amazing!! I originally got the recipe from my son's grade school teacher because she made a cookbook for each one of the children to take home for Christmas. My son is now 19 yrs old :) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I am so glad to have discovered this classic recipe, too. This has truly become a huge favorite in our house!

      Delete
  10. wanna try this soon.. I notice that theres no flour?

    ReplyDelete

© Manila Spoon | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template created by pipdig